Are you considering creating a PR budget? Or you want to hire a PR person or a public relations company? Are you still hesitating on the grounds that PR in business may not benefit your start-up company? You may be thinking if building a huge thing from a small job like PR is possible or what are public relations for within a company like yours? Well, adopting PR in business has a lot to offer your small business or start-up business.
Public relations in small businesses is a long-term public marketing campaign that helps in building positive connections with your customers, potential customers, and every other organization or individual that can help your business grow. This is the reason large companies with good public relations continue expanding despite the fierce competition in the industry. They harnessed the power of good PR and put it into good use.
You still may have some lingering questions such as “do I need marketing or PR? Do PR and marketing value differ? Do my business fall under one those industries that need public relations? How to find a PR person? Well, I will answer all these questions concisely.
Do you need marketing or PR? You need both. PR comes under marketing after all. Do PR and marketing value differ? Well, yes, PR and marketing value differ. While Public relations in business offer tremendous value as a subset of marketing, marketing offer an aggregate value of other marketing tools including PR.
So, does your businessiness fall under one of those industries that need marketing. Well, not exactly, every industry needs public relations and your business industry is not an exemption. And lastly, how do you find a PR person? You don’t really have to find a PR person when you can hire the help of PR campaign companies, marketing firms, advertising agencies, and marketing agencies. You see there are numerous PR firms doing good things including us at Inferno Agency. So take your pick.
Without wasting much time, lets find out the 12 ways public relations will benefit your small or start-up business. They include;
- Attract Investors: Good PR is a great strategy in attracting investors to your business. This is the reason PR in small business is usually recommended by marketing professionals. Many investors are unlikely to hear of a start-up and rush down there almost immediately. The business world doesn’t work that way. However, there is an effective tool that works wonders in enticing investors and that is good PR.
Try as much as possible to always remain in the news for something positive, let the central public know that the product or service your are selling is a good one and not an inferior one. Also, let the general public know that your company has got its act together. With all these, you won’t have to wait much longer before investors start asking to invest in your business. In fact with a good PR your business investors will invest more in your business over time.
So are you still shying away from adopting PR in business or consulting public relations company to do PR for you? You should stop shying away today and adopt PR fully into your business.
- Attract Partnerships and Funding: PR in business helps in attracting partnerships as well as funding. Ideally public relations starts with good publicity. Although, it is commonly said that any PR is good PR, it doesn’t work all the time in attracting partnerships as it should. Hence, the reason you should start with good PR. With good PR, your small business is sure to begin attracting partnerships and funding from individuals and multi-national organizations.
Every organization or individual want to partner with something good. This include businesses with good reputation. However, only good PR can project your business in that light. If you don’t adopt PR in business, no one will get to know your business. If you adopt bad PR, no one will get interested in partnership either. So obviously, it is only good PR that can attract the funds and partnerships your business needs.
- Cost-effectiveness: Adopting public relations in small businesses is one of the best strategy to reduce cost and record a greater benefit on return on investments. Why? PR in business is cost-effevtive. Unlike many other promotional tools used in marketing, public relations is simply earned media. You don’t pay for it. Well, except the public relations company engineering the publicity.
However, Public relations in business could cover up for other promotional tool as good PR would do a greater job than they would. In the long run, you would realize that good PR alone brings in greater benefit than other promotional tools despite it being inexpensive. So, if you still looking for more than one reason to adopt PR in business today, you should add cost-effevtiveness.
- Increase Product Visibility: Public Relations in business can help in increasing product visibility both offline and online. Many people now learn about products and services from PR news daily. It could be from the radio, newspaper, television, or social media but many people are learning about new products through PR today.
Host events, blog, acknowledge speaking engagements, get involved in community programs, sponsor popular events, just find a way to remain in the news always. In the end it will result in good PR and it will begin increasing the visibility of the products or services offered by your business.
- Increase Influence and Credibility: Many small businesses are becoming even more popular all cause they made a conscious decision to adopt PR in business. You too can adopt PR in business today and begin becoming popular in the industry also. PR in business or good PR goes a long way in raising your business profile.
It will start by increasing your brand visibility. It will then further make your brand popularity in the industry. In no time, your business will become the go-to company when certain product and services are needed. Also, the more publicity you do for your business, the more people will get to know about how much of an expert your company is in a particular field. Of course, this will help in building the credibility of your business. People will begin to trust your business, patronize your business, and recommend your business also.
- Personalize Your Brand: PR is a great promotional tool to adopt if you are seeking to personalize your brand. Public relations in business is simply publicity. If you chose to adopt a good PR strategy, the publicity generated will help in giving your brand a voice.
Brands are not just developed, they are developed for a reason. These reasons are usually well mapped in the objectives, goals, vision, and mission of the brand. Also, business has start up points and they have stories. When all these important information and stories are publicized in a well-executed manner, they give your brand a voice.
A voice that will give your brand a good reputation. A voice that will give your potential customers, investors, and partners a good picture of what your brand stands for.
- Build Strong Relationships: PR in business is not just about good publicity. It is also about using the publicity generated to build strong relationships with potential customers, partners, employees, and even investors. When your potential customers hear about you in the news, they begin to feel that they know you, they begin to feel a connection to your brand. In the end, the relationship you built as a result of good PR will convert them into loyal customers.
Also, without even meeting with your potential investors, good PR can help you build relationship with them. And it is also the same thing it will do for your business potential partners. Build relationships. PR in business will also help in establishing relationships with potential employees. From the news, potential employees will begin to say things like “this is the company of my dream.” or “I have heard so much about this company and would like to work there.” it is not the name of your brand that is building the relationships or the location of your brand. Neither is it the product and services you offer but the good PR your business has been generating.
- Manage Your Reputation: Are you seeking for ways to manage your business reputation easily, then you should look into good PR. Good PR can make your business become anything. Do you want your business to appear like the top player in the industry? Then adopt PR in business. Do you want to be seen as the company producing the most unique products? Then adopt good PR.
PR in business, no doubt, can make or mar your business reputation. However, with good PR you can manage your reputation as you so wish and for as long as you wish.
- Add Value to Your Customers: PR in business sometimes usually involve a company publicizing their
customersactivities. This usually is done mostly in companies using user- genratedcontents as a marketing strategy. This strategy which could make the news is likely to put your customers in the spotlight. Remember any pr is good PR. This could lead to a win for your customers. Thereby adding value to them in many ways that cannot be imagined.
- PR in Business Increases Sales: Good PR can help in increasing sales in your business. Imagine your business has attracted investors, funding, partnership
andqualified employees. And your business visibility has also been greatly increased over time in conjunction with a good reputation, your business is bound to record an increase in sales.
Your potential customers form a large number of the people you communicate with through public relations. The more publicity you generate, the more your potential customers get to know about your products, and the more sales you generate.
- Crisis Management: PR in Business is a great tool
thancan help in crisis management. Business is never smooth all the time. There will come the rough phase and the smooth phase. Howeverthe rough phase can come with a lot of issues and crisis that need to be managed. And this would require publicity. I bet you must have heard of numerous small business PR crises examples. But I will give you one. Imagine you run a company that produces pastries such as cakes, bread, and others. At a particular time production, a batch of cakes werereported to have pieces of glass inside of them. There is no other way to address this problem than through PR in business.
With PR in business, you would have planned for any crisis or complex issue ahead. You will have a public relations lawyer for a small business, spokeperson, writer to develop good PR messages, and monitored media coverage. You only will need to use all you have planned for to generate good PR. In the end, public relations in business will take care of most of the problem.
- 12.Improve Website Ranking: PR in business can also help in increasing your business website ranking on SERPs. This would in turn help in increasing the online visibility of your business, increase traffic, and increase sales as well.
Adopting PR in business requires you developing a strategy or long-term plan. Also, it is not something you can do on your own, you will need to involve a PR person, public relations company, and if possible a PR third party. Additionally, PR in business should include every important aspect of your business. This include your partners, customers, investors, and employees.
Contact us today at Inferno A